Call for Student Volunteers
ISMAR 2020 calls for student volunteers to be part of this conference. Having the conference virtual means that you will be able to help the organizers from where you are currently located. We invite students at all levels (undergraduate and graduate) to be part of this unique experience where you will be able to experience the behind the scenes of a conference while making connections to senior faculty and researchers.
In return for your volunteering hours, you will receive the following:
- Networking opportunities;
- Job hunting opportunities;
- An opportunity to take part in the first virtual ISMAR ever!
As an ISMAR 2020 student volunteer, you will be expected to contribute between 16-20 hours (around 4 hours a day) during the event as well as to participate in an orientation session/attendees support in the week before the event. We will do our best to allocate SVs matching their time zone.
Your SV duties can include
One or two weeks before ISMAR:
- Attend to a training session;
- Provide support or training sessions to attendees/speakers;
- Provide technical assistance remotely to attendees connecting to the online platform;
- Provide technical assistance remotely to speakers during presentations;
- Provide support to the conference organization team;
- Provide assistance for attendees with special needs.
ISMAR is a great conference to be part of, in particular with the recent explosion of commercial and research activities related to Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR) and Virtual Reality (VR). ISMAR 2020 will cover the full range of technologies encompassed by the MR continuum, from interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences. This range goes far beyond the traditional definition of AR, which focused on precise 3D tracking, visual display, and real-time performance.
The main criteria to select the SVs will be:
- Enrollment as a PhD, Masters or full-time undergraduate at the time of the conference;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Experience using teleconferencing and/or virtual environments is a plus;
- Previous experience in event organization (bonus for virtual events experience);
- We will strive to build a diverse cohort, therefore, underrepresented groups in CS are especially encouraged to apply.
Submission Deadline: September 10, 2020 (23:59 AoE) Notification: September 20, 2020 Notification: September 28, 2020
Student Volunteer Chairs
Manoela Silva, Ph.D. Candidate. Federal University of Pernambuco
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D. Colorado State University
©2020 by ISMAR
Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Visualization and Graphics Technical Committee and ACM SIGGRAPH